
Sitting peacefully in the midst of chaos, I work diligently at my desk in Grand Rapids, Michigan where we're working on the film "30 Minutes or Less." One of the many transportation drivers stops by on his morning drop in the office with items from set. Several moments later I hear, "Jessica, you got something!" Looking up, I see our secretary walking towards me with a strange looking contraption in her hand. As she places this odd looking bottle on my desk I start giggling. The guy who sent this to me is the same one I worked on "Bruno" with and all I can think is oh my god, he got me a sex toy. Of course I know he wouldn't do that and this odd piece of plastic must be some sort of water bottle but it sure looks like a deviant hot pink toy. Me likey.
As I read about this toy called the "Bobble," I'm still holding back giggles. I'm temporarily living in conservative country where bikini bars run rampant instead of strip clubs and the closet tea party patriots are likely lurking. I sit facing only feet away from a republican mayor's son for heaven's sake. Our group had already invaded bringing Jews, Blacks, Libertarians, and worse, independent single women! "Hide yo' kids!" Thanks Antonie Dodson for your incredible insight.
I resume examining this pink and clear toy, clearly marked as a "Bobble" on the packaging, only to learn that it is a self-filtering water bottle. Brilliant I tell you! Not only does the pink piece use a charcoal filter to remove the nasty as you drink but the clear plastic bottle is made of recycled plastic. Karim Rashid you bloody bastard you. Why didn't I invent such a fantastic, hip, environmentally friendly creation?!
The coolest thing about the "Bobble" is that you can replace the whole top filtration piece with different colors for only about ten bucks at many local store chains. Sure, it makes a strange noise as you drink, the water sticks to the head of the charcoal filter, and you can't guzzle water out of it since the filtration system uses a sport top bottle to squeeze water into your mouth. But I can tell you flat out, my pink "Bobble" has become my new favorite toy. I'm a newborn "Bobble" head.
Are you a "Bobble" head?
